Last update: March 2019
Welcome to Ajiras.com. Ajiras.com is a marketplace platform for services performed by its users.
The following terms and conditions (these “Terms of Service”), govern your access to and use of the Ajiras website, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through www.Ajiras.com (the “Site”), by One Two One Consultant Ltd. (Alesika Street, Mbezi Beach, Dar es Salaam Tanzania), as applicable.
This Site is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18 you may not use this Site or the Ajiras services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 if you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by submitting a request here.
Gigs® are services offered on Ajiras.
Sellers are users who offer and perform services through Gigs on Ajiras.
Buyers are users who purchase services on Ajiras.
Gig Page is where the seller can describe their Gig and the Gig’s terms, and the buyer can purchase the Gig and create an order.
Gig Extras are additional services offered on top of the Seller’s Gig for an additional price defined by the Seller.
Gig Multiples are additional quantities of unique orders from the seller’s Gig.
Gig Packages allow sellers to offer services in different formats and prices. Packages can include upgrades, which lets sellers price their service for a basic price.
Custom Offers are exclusive proposals that a seller can create in response to specific requirements of a buyer.
Custom Orders are requests made by a buyer to receive a Custom Offer from a seller.
Orders are the formal agreement between a buyer and seller after a purchase was made from the seller’s Gig Page.
Order Page is where buyers and sellers communicate with each other in connection with an ordered Gig.
Disputes are disagreements experienced during an order between a buyer and seller on Ajiras.
Earned is the money sellers earn from completed orders.
Available/Current Balance is cleared earning from completed orders by seller and Top up for sellers and buyers to withdraw or use to purchase Gigs.
Pending Clearance is money requested by seller or buyer pending withdraw.
Withdrawals is the total amount of money you have withdraw.
Total Spent is the total amount of money you spent to purchase Gigs and other services in Ajiras.
Active Orders is the amount of money spent to purchase orders and those orders are yet to be completed by seller.
Completed Orders is the money spent on Gigs and re marked as complete.
Overview (Main terms, in a nutshell)
- Only registered users may buy and sell on Ajiras. Registration is free.
- Gigs® on Ajiras may be offered at a base starting price of 500Tsh. Some Gigs are offered at a base price of more than 500Tsh as determined by the seller.
- Buyers pay Ajiras in advance to create an order.
- Orders are purchased through the Buy Now button found on a seller’s Gig page or through a Custom Offer.
- For fees and payments please read the purchasing section
- Sellers must fulfill their orders, and may not cancel orders on a regular basis or without cause. Cancelling orders will affect sellers’ reputation and status.
- Sellers gain account statuses (Levels) based on their performance, Earnings and reputation. Advanced levels provide their owners with benefits, including offering services for higher prices through Gig Extras, or selling their Gig in multiples.
- Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through Ajiras.com.
- Buyers are granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the seller on their Gig page. Note: some Gigs charge additional payments (through Gig Extras) for Commercial Use License. See our “Ownership” and “Commercial Use License” sections below for more information.
- Ajiras retains the right to use all published delivered works for Ajiras marketing and promotion purposes.
- Sellers create Gigs® on Ajiras to allow buyers to purchase their services.
- Sellers may also offer Custom Offers to buyers in addition to their Gigs.
- Each order you sell and successfully complete, accredits your account with a net revenue of 90% of the purchase amount.
- Ajiras accredits sellers once an order is completed. See our “Orders”section below for a definition of a completed order.
- If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be refunded to the buyer’s Current Balance.
- Earnings are only made available for withdrawal from the Withdraw page following a safety clearance period of 2 days after the order is marked as complete.
- Sellers may not promote their Gigs or any Ajiras content via the AdWords platform.
- Sellers may withdraw their earnings using one of Ajiras’s withdrawal options.
- The seller’s rating is calculated based on the order reviews posted by buyers. High ratings allow sellers to obtain advanced seller levels (see Levels below).
- For security concerns, Ajiras may temporarily disable a seller’s ability to withdraw revenue to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may come as a result of security issues, improper behavior reported by buyers, or associating multiple Ajiras accounts to a single withdrawal provider.
- Sellers are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any GST, VAT or otherwise, which may apply to them depending on residency or location. Sellers represent and warrant that they comply, and will comply at all times, with their obligations under income tax provisions in their jurisdiction. The Gig price shown on the Gig page is inclusive of all such taxes and charges that may apply to the sellers.
- Sellers are allowed to post unlimited amount of active Gigs.
- Sellers are allowed to a selected amount of Gig Extra based on their Level status.
- 5 Gig Extra for sellers without a Level status.
- 8 Gig Extra for Level 1 sellers.
- 10 Gig Extra for Level 2 sellers.
- 10 Gig Extra for Top Rated sellers.
- Gigs created on Ajiras are User Generated Content.
- Gigs may be removed by Ajiras for violations to these Terms of Service, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:
- Illegal or Fraudulent services
- Copyright Infringement, Trademark Infringement, and violation of a third party’s terms of service reported through our Intellectual Property Claims Policy found here
- Adult oriented services, Pornographic, Inappropriate/Obscene
- Intentional copies of Gigs
- Spam, Nonsense, or Violent Gigs
- Gigs misleading to buyers
- Reselling of regulated goods
- Services that extend beyond 90 days of service duration
- Gigs that are removed for violations mentioned above, may result in the suspension of the seller’s account.
- Gigs that are removed for violations are not eligible to be restored or edited.
- Gigs may be removed from our Search feature due to poor performance and/or user misconduct.
- Gigs may include pre-approved website URLs contained within the Gig description and requirements box. Gigs containing websites promoting content, which violates Ajiras’s Terms of Service, will be removed.
- Gigs are required to have an appropriate Gig image related to the service offered. An option to upload nine additional Gig images are available to all sellers.
- Gigs may contain an approved Gig Video uploaded through the Gig management tools available on Ajiras.
- Statements on the Gig Page that undermine or circumvent these Terms of Service is prohibited.
- Eligible Gigs and sellers may price their Gigs at a base price beyond 500Tsh. Base prices on Gigs can be set up to 100Mil Tsh.
- Eligible Gigs in select Categories may set up Gig Packages to offer their services in structured formats with multiple price points for the selected Gig.
- Gig Extras are additional services offered on top of the Seller’s Gig for an additional price defined by the Seller.
- Gig Extras may be removed for violations of our Terms of Service. For specific terms, please see the Gigs® section above for a list of services that violate our Terms of Service. Gigs are subject to be removed due to violations found in Gig Extras.
- The amount of Gig Extras, which can be offered, and the price for each Gig Extra, is based on your seller Level. More information surrounding your accounts eligibility for Gig Extras can be found here.
- Services offered through Gig Extras must be related to the base service and part of the deliverables on the order.
- Gig Extras may cover different categories of services that are components to a higher quality delivered service.
- Sellers have the option to extend the duration of an order for each Gig Extra that is added to the order. This is to cover the time needed to complete the extra service.
Ajiras is all about helping sellers leverage their skills. We seek to empower top performing sellers with helpful tools to grow their business. Sellers who invest in self-promotion may achieve greater customer satisfaction. And, if they deliver on time and maintain high quality and ratings, Ajiras may reward them with new statuses, special opportunities, benefits, and tools that come with it.
- Ajiras sellers can gain account Levels based on their activity, performance, earnings and reputation. The advancement criteria can be found here.
- Advancement in Levels are updated periodically by an automated system.
- The current Levels a seller can achieve are, Level 1, 2, and Top Rated.
- Sellers who cannot maintain their high quality service, experience a severe drop in ratings, or stop delivering on time risk losing their seller status and the benefits that come with it. For example, late deliveries, warnings to the seller’s account and cancellations can cause a seller to move to a different Level.
- Advanced levels provide their owners with additional benefits, including offering Gigs for higher prices through Gig Extras, or selling their Gig in multiples.
Top Rated Sellers
- Top Rated Sellers are chosen manually by Ajiras editors through an ongoing review process based on seniority, volume of sales, extremely high ratings, exceptional customer care, high order completion rate and community leadership. Top Rated Sellers gain access to more extensive features than previous levels, including exclusive access to beta features and VIP support.
- Top Rated eligibility is constantly evaluated by Ajiras to ensure that the quality standards and expectations of the Top Rated selection is kept. Ajiras retains the right to change a Top Rated Seller status in light of such evaluation. In addition, Top Rated Sellers who cannot maintain their high quality service through a severe drop in ratings, stop delivering on time, increased cancellation rate or violate our Terms of Service, also risk losing their Top Rated status and the benefits that come with it.
- Pro Sellers are pre-verified professionals who undergo a vetting process by Ajiras editors. Applying for Ajiras Pro is open to everyone: professional freelancers who are new to Ajiras, as well as existing Ajiras sellers.
- Pro Sellers eligibility is constantly evaluated by Ajiras to ensure that the quality standards and expectations of the Pro Seller selection is kept. Ajiras retains the right to change a Pro Seller status in light of such evaluation. In addition, Pro Sellers who cannot maintain their high quality service through a severe drop in ratings, stop delivering on time, increased cancellation rate or violate our Terms of Service, also risk losing their Pro status and the benefits that come with it.
Ajiras sellers have access to several exclusive features that help customize the way their services can be offered.
- Sellers can also send Custom Offers addressing specific requirements of a buyer.
- Custom Offers are defined by the seller with the exact description of the service, the price and the time expected to deliver the service.
- Custom Offers are sent from the conversation page.
- Services provided through Custom Offers may not violate Ajiras’s Terms of Service.
- Project Milestones:
- Custom Offers above 500,000Ths may include up to three project milestones. Each milestone is paid and delivered separately in accordance with each Custom Offer’s description and timelines.
- A milestone is marked as Complete after it is delivered by the seller and then accepted by the buyer. A milestone will be automatically marked as complete if no acceptance or request for modification were submitted within 3 days after marked as Delivered.
- Once a milestone is delivered, Buyers may choose to either continue with the order and pay for the next milestone, or to stop the order. Please note that if you choose to stop the order, the current delivered milestone will not be cancelled.
Shipping Physical Deliverables
Some of the services on Ajiras are delivered physically (arts and crafts, collectable items, etc.). For these types of Gigs, sellers may decide to add shipping charges.
- Gigs that include shipping costs must have physical deliverables sent to Buyers.
- Shipping costs added to a Gig only pertains to the cost sellers require to ship physical items to Buyers.
- Important: Buyers who purchase Gigs that require physical delivery, will be asked to provide a shipping address.
- Sellers are responsible for all shipping arrangements once the buyer provides the shipping address.
- Ajiras does not handle or guarantee shipping, tracking, quality, and condition of items or their delivery and shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or other problems resulting from shipping.
- A tracking number is a great way to avoid disputes related to shipping. We require entering the tracking number if available in the order page when delivering your work.
- Some of the services on Ajiras can be printed and physically delivered (Business Cards, Canvas/Poster Prints, T-Shirts, Flyers, Stationery, etc.).
- Important: Buyers who use the Printing Services that require physical delivery, will be asked to provide a shipping address.
- You can use the Printing Services for delivered work, to which you own all right, title, and interest. Such delivered work must not contain any libelous or otherwise illegal content, and does not actually or potentially infringe or misappropriate the copyright, trademark, or proprietary or intellectual property right of any person. You can report any claims of copyright infringement (DMCA notices) or trademark infringement in accordance with our Intellectual Property claims procedures that can be reviewed here.
- Users can contact Ajiras’s customer support department for assistance here.
- To withdraw your revenue, you must have an account with at least one of Ajiras’s withdrawal methods.
- Your Ajiras profile can be associated with only one account from each Ajiras withdrawal methods. A withdrawal provider account can be associated with only one Ajiras profile.
- Earnings are only made available for withdrawal from the Withdraw page following a safety clearance period of 2 days after the order is marked as complete.
- To withdraw your available earnings, you must click on the designated withdrawal provider to initiate the withdrawal process
- Withdrawals can only be made in the amount available to you.
- Withdrawal fees vary depending on the withdrawal method.
- Withdrawals are final and cannot be undone. We will not be able to refund or change this process once it has begun.
|Withdraw to your PayPal Account||2% of the sum withdrawal amount up to $1*||For a list of PayPal services by country click here|
|Mpesa||Free||Tanzania and Kenya|
|Airtel Money||Free||Tanzania Only|
|Local Bank Transfer (LBT)||Free||Tanzania Only|
|Direct Deposit (ACH)||Free||Tanzania Only|
* Additional fees may apply based on your location and currency.
- You may not offer direct payments to sellers using payment systems outside of the Ajiras Order system..
- Ajiras retains the right to use all publically published delivered works for Ajiras marketing and promotional purposes.
- Buyers may request a specific service from the Post a Request feature found from the dashboard. Services requested on Ajiras must be an allowed service on Ajiras. Please click here for guidelines on approved services.
- Buyers pay Ajiras to create an order from a seller’s Gig page or Custom Offer, using the Buy Now button.
- In addition buyers can request a Custom Order which addresses specific buyer requirements, and receive a Custom Offer from sellers through the site.
- Gigs may be purchased using one of the following payment methods: Visa Card, Master Card, Tigopesa, Mpesa, Airtel Money, PayPal or Balance.
- Processing fees are added at the time of purchase where a buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover payment processing and administrative fees. As of June 2018, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are 2%.
- In certain locations, we may allow buyers to pay in local currency (buyers will always have the option to view prices and pay in Tanzania Shilling). Buyers should note, however, that Gigs’ local pricing is only a conversion of their original Tsh price, and therefore local currency prices may change daily in accordance with current exchange rates.
- You may not offer sellers to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the Ajiras.com site. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to Customer Support here.
Buyers may be charged with indirect taxes (such as VAT or GST) depending on their residency, location and any applicable law, in addition to the Gig price shown on the Gig page.
Buyers agree that they are responsible to comply with all tax requirements applicable to them, including but not limited to any obligation to deduct or withhold taxes. It is hereby clarified that all prices and fees that appear on the Site are the net amounts that will be paid to Ajiras following any direct or indirect taxes, levy, withholding tax and/or deductions.
- Once payment is confirmed, your order will be created and given a unique Ajiras order number.
- Sellers must deliver completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver button (located on the Order page) according to the service that was purchased and advertised on their Gig.
- Using the Deliver button may not be abused by sellers to circumvent Order guidelines described in this Terms of Service. Using the “Deliver” button when an order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that order after review, affect the seller’s rating and result in a warning to seller.
- An order is marked as complete after the order is marked as Delivered and then rated by a buyer. An order will be automatically marked as complete if not rated and no request for modification was submitted within 3 days after marked as Delivered.
- We encourage our buyers and sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Ajiras’s Customer Support department for assistance here.
- When a buyer orders a Gig, the seller is notified by email as well as notifications on the site while logged into the account.
- Sellers are required to meet the delivery time they specified when creating their Gigs. Failing to do so will allow the buyer to cancel the order when an order is marked as late and may harm the seller’s status and will lead to refund to buyer.
- Sellers must send completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver button (located on the Order page) to mark the order as Delivered.
- Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. Ajiras will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
- A Seller may request cancel an order with the buyer’s consent at any given moment.
- Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order page while an order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the seller at the beginning of the order process.
- Feedback reviews provided by buyers while completing an order are an essential part of Ajiras’s rating system. Reviews demonstrate the buyer’s overall experience with the sellers and their service. Buyers are encouraged to communicate to the seller any concerns experienced during their active order in regards to the service provided by the seller.
- Leaving a buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations to our Terms of Service.
- To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Ajiras platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance seller ratings, or to abuse the Ajiras platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
- Feedback comments given by buyers are publicly displayed on a seller’s Gig page. Buyers have the option not to include a comment, but still rate the service. Cancellation of an order does not remove feedback unless mutually agreed.
- Work Samples are the delivered images and videos sent to a buyer in a delivery message. Work Samples are can be added to a seller’s Live Portfolio on their Gig page.
- Withholding the delivery of services, files, or information required to complete the Gig’s service with the intent to gain favorable reviews or additional services is prohibited.
- Responding and posting a review: Once work is delivered, the buyer has three days to respond and post a review. If no response is provided within the response period, the order will be considered completed.
- Users are allowed to leave reviews on orders up to 30 days after an order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an order after 30 days.
- Sellers may not solicit the removal of feedback reviews from their buyers through mutual cancellations.
Disputes and Cancellations
We encourage our buyers and sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Ajiras’s Customer Support department for assistance here.
- Order cancellations can be performed on Ajiras, when eligible or by Customer Support.
- Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation to these Terms of Service. Doing so may get your account temporarily disabled to investigate possible security violations. Note: once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
- In the event that a buyer or seller encounters an issue related to the service provided in an order, you are encouraged to use the Site’s support tool to attempt to resolve the matter.
- Ajiras reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.
- All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to the buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Gig and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason.
- If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be refunded to the buyer’s balance.
- Revisions to deliveries can be performed by sellers based on the seller’s Gig and customer care. Sellers may determine the amount of revisions offered to buyers, including no revisions.
- Requests for revisions can be performed through the Order page while the order is marked as Delivered.
- Requesting to gain more services from sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.
- Ajiras encourages Buyers and Sellers to resolve service disputes mutually using on site messaging.
- Eligibility for requests to Ajiras to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations to our Terms of Service, general misconduct, and improper usage of the Ajiras delivery system. See below for Order specific eligibility.
- Completed orders (or, where applicable, completed milestones) may be cancelled, upon review of our Customer Support team, up to 2 days after the order (or Milestone) is marked as complete.
- Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page. Buyers may rate their experience with the seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.
- Buyers must use Ajiras Messaging Center to address their concerns and desired resolution related to the service provided by their seller prior to contacting Customer Support. Customer Support will not take any action against Orders where the buyers failed to inform their seller of issues related to the seller’s service and will allow sellers to provide a resolution first. This does not include non-permitted usage of Ajiras.
- Any non-permitted usage of Ajiras encountered during an Order, after being reviewed by our Customer Support team, may result in the order being cancelled. This includes, but not limited to; harassment, unlawful behavior, or other violations to Ajiras’s Terms of Service.
- Ajiras Customer Support will cancel orders based on, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Active orders(after the buyer submits their requirements and before the seller delivers on Ajiras)
- The seller is late and unresponsive for more than 24 hours while the order is marked as Late.
- Users are abusive towards the other party through threats of low ratings or leveraging order materials (such as logins, personal information) against each other.
- Users supplied or included copyright/trademark infringing materials as part of the Buyer requirements or the seller’s delivery.
- The user is no longer an active Ajiras user due to Terms of Service violations or closure of their account.
- Delivered Orders(after the seller clicks Deliver and before the order is marked as complete)
- The seller uses the Delivery system to extend the delivery due date to complete the requested service without providing the final delivered service to buyers.
- Note: Multiple reported offenses will result in permanent suspension of your account.
- The seller delivers no files and/or proof of work related to the agreed upon order requirements.
- Note: Subjectivity of the materials in question will be reviewed by our Customer Support team.
- The seller requests additional payments, on or off the Ajiras platform, by withholding the final delivery of services directly related to the agreed requirements.
- The seller is withholding the final delivery of services for improved ratings.
- Buyers who abuse the Request Revisions button to gain more services from sellers beyond the agreed requirements.
- Buyers who threaten to leave a damaging review to gain more services from the seller not related to the agreed requirements.
- The seller uses the Delivery system to extend the delivery due date to complete the requested service without providing the final delivered service to buyers.
- Completed Orders(after the order is marked as complete and before the 2 day limitation)
- Users who have been reported to use copyright/trademark infringing materials after verification and with proof.
- Buyers who did not purchase commercial use rights and are reported to have used the materials commercially.
- Note: Terms of Commercial use is found on the seller’s Gig page and cannot be retroactively included once the order is completed for over 14 days.
- Ajiras Customer Support will review cases of Order delivery manipulation that prevents buyers and sellers from fully utilizing our Resolution Center that enabled the order to be marked as complete.
- Active orders(after the buyer submits their requirements and before the seller delivers on Ajiras)
- Ajiras does not automatically refund payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider. Funds from order cancellations are refunded to the buyer’s balance as credit and are available for future purchases on Ajiras. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include processing fees paid.
- Deposit refunds, when available from the payment provider, can be performed by our Customer Support team. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund from their account which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee. If any processing fees were added at the time of purchase to create a new order, the processing fees from that payment will not be refunded along with your deposit.
User Conduct And Protection
Ajiras enables people around the world to create, share, sell and purchase nearly any service they need at an unbeatable value. Services offered on Ajiras reflect the diversity of an expanding Gig economy. Members of the Ajiras community communicate and engage through orders, social media, and on Ajiras’s Community Forums.
Ajiras maintains a friendly, community spirited, and professional environment. Users should keep to that spirit while participating in any activity or extensions of Ajiras. This section relates to the expected conduct users should adhere to while interacting with each other on Ajiras.
To report a violation of our Terms of Service, User Misconduct, or inquiries regarding your account, please contact our Customer Support team here.
- To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Ajiras in order to circumvent or abuse the Ajiras messaging system or Ajiras platform is not permitted.
- Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.
- Ajiras does not provide any guarantee of the level of service offered to buyers. You may use the dispute resolution tools provided to you in the order page.
- Ajiras does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Ajiras platform.
- All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on Ajiras’s platform.
- Rude, abusive, improper language, or violent messages sent to users will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension/removal of your account.
- The Ajiras marketplace is open to everyone. Discrimination against a community member based on gender, race, age, religious affiliation, sexual preference or otherwise is not acceptable and may result in the suspension/removal of your account.
- Users with the intention to defame competing sellers by ordering from competing services will have their reviews removed or further account status related actions determined by review by our Trust & Safety team.
- Users are to refrain from spamming or soliciting previous Buyers or Sellers to pursue removing/modifying reviews or cancelling orders that do not align on Order Cancellation or Feedback policies.
- Ajiras reviews cases of payment provider chargebacks and disputes on behalf of sellers. Although results vary per case due to each chargeback reason, we work hard on resolving disputes in the seller’s favor. If the chargeback case allows, Ajiras will return parts or full revenue back to sellers.
- Users may report Gigs to Customer Support that may be in violation of Ajiras’s Terms of Service based on the reported Gig’s replicated similarity to pre-existing services (copycat Gigs).
- Ajiras will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement. Our Intellectual Property claims procedures can be reviewed here.
Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms of Service or any user misconduct reported to our Trust and Safety team. A warning will be sent to the user’s email address and will be displayed for such user on the Site. Warnings do not limit account activity, but can lead to your account losing seller statuses or becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.
Adult Services & Pornography – Ajiras does not allow any exchange of adult oriented or pornographic materials and services.
Inappropriate Behavior & Language – Communication on Ajiras should be friendly, constructive, and professional. Ajiras condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech towards others. We allow users a medium for which messages are exchanged between individuals, a system to rate orders, and to engage on larger platforms such as our Community Forum and Social Media pages.
Phishing and Spam – Ajiras takes the matter its members’ security seriously. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent.
Privacy & Identity – You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the order page. Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the buyer. Any users who engage and communicate off of Ajiras will not be protected by our Terms of Service.
Intellectual Property Claims – Ajiras will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement, and/or violation of third party’s terms of service. Our Intellectual Property claims procedures can be reviewed here.
Fraud / Unlawful Use – You may not use Ajiras for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
Abuse and Spam
Multiple Accounts – To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Ajiras community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations to Ajiras’s Terms of Service is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
Targeted Abuse – We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other users on Ajiras. This includes creating new multiple accounts to harass members through our message or ordering system.
Selling Accounts – You may not buy or sell Ajiras accounts.
- Ajiras reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these terms of service or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Site or services.
- Violation of Ajiras’s Terms of Service may get your account disabled permanently.
- Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on Ajiras.
- Users who have violated our Terms of Service and had their account disabled may contact our Customer Support team for more information surrounding the violation and status of the account.
- Users have the option to enable account Security features to protect their account from any unauthorized usage.
- Users must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Support by providing materials that prove ownership of that account.
- Sellers will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 90 days following full verification of ownership of the account in question, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to Ajiras’s approval.
- Disputes should be handled using Ajiras’s messaging resolution tools (‘Resolution Center’ on the order page) or by contacting Ajiras Customer Support.
- Ajiras may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, Ajiras will make a new copy of the terms of service available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use Ajiras after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, Ajiras will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
User Generated Content
User Generated Content (“UGC”) refers to the content added by users as opposed to content created by the Site. All content uploaded to Ajiras by our users (Buyers and Sellers) is User Generated Content. Ajiras does not check user uploaded/created content for appropriateness, violations of copyright, trademarks, other rights or violations. We invite everyone to report violations together with proof of ownership as appropriate. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled.
Furthermore, Ajiras is not responsible for the content, quality or the level of service provided by the Sellers. We provide no warranty with respect to the Gigs, their delivery, and any communications between buyers and sellers. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and common sense in choosing appropriate Gigs® service offers.
By offering a service, the seller undertakes that he/she has sufficient permissions, rights and/or licenses to provide, sell or resell the service is offered on Ajiras. Sellers advertising their Gig online must comply with laws and terms of service of the advertising platform or relevant website used to advertise. Failing to do so may result in removal of the Gig and may lead to the suspension of seller’s account.
For specific terms related to Intellectual Property rights and for reporting claims of copyright infringement (DMCA notices) or trademark infringement – please see our Intellectual Property Claims Policy which forms an integral part of these Terms of Service. Note that it is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
Ownership and limitations: Unless clearly stated otherwise on the seller’s Gig page/description, when the work is delivered, and subject to payment, the buyer is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from the seller, and the seller waives any and all moral rights therein. The delivered work shall be considered work-for-hire under the TZ. Copyright Act. In the event the delivered work does not meet the requirements of work-for-hire or when TZ Copyright Act does not apply, the seller expressly agrees to assign to buyer the copyright in the delivered work. All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Gig and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason. For removal of doubt, in custom created work (such as art work, design work, report generation etc.), the delivered work shall be the exclusive property of buyer, and seller assigns all rights, title and interest in the delivered work. Some Gigs (including for custom created work) charge additional payments (through Gig Extras) for a Commercial Use License. This means that if you purchase the Gig for personal use, you will own all rights you require for such use, and will not need the Commercial Use License. If you intend to use it for any charge or other consideration, or for any purpose that is directly or indirectly in connection with any business, or other undertaking intended for profit, you will need to buy the Commercial Use License through a Gig Extra and will have broader rights that cover your business use.
For Voice Over Gigs, when the work is delivered, and subject to payment, the buyer is purchasing basic rights, (which means the buyer is paying a one time fee allowing them to use the work forever and for any purpose except for commercials, radio, television and internet commercial spots). If you intend to use the Voice Over to promote a product and/or service (with the exception of paid marketing channels), you will need to purchase the Commercial Rights (Buy-Out) through Gig Extra. If you intend to use the Voice Over in radio, television and internet commercials, you will need to purchase the Full Broadcast Rights (Buy-Out) through Gig Extra. For further information on the type of buy-outs, please read below.
Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the buyer, which is not public domain, shall be kept confidential and shall not be shared or used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the ordered work to the buyer.
Furthermore, users (both buyers and sellers) agree that unless they explicitly indicate otherwise, the content users voluntarily create/upload to Ajiras, including Gig texts, photos, videos, usernames, user photos, user videos and any other information, including the display of delivered work, may be used by Ajiras for no consideration for marketing and/or other purposes.
Voice Over Commercial Buy-Out
When purchasing a Voice Over Gig, the Seller grants you a perpetual, exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the purchased Voice Over (except for commercials, radio, television and internet commercial spots).
By purchasing a Commercial Rights (Buy-Out) with your order, in addition to the basic rights, the Seller grants you with a license to use the Voice Over for any corporate, promotional and non-broadcast purposes. Corporate, promotional and non-broadcast purposes means any business related use for the creation of, or to promote a for-product profit or service (with the exception of paid marketing channels), such as (by way of example): explainer videos posted to company websites, social networks or email campaigns, audiobooks, podcast intros, and strictly excludes any illegal, immoral or defamatory purpose.
By purchasing a Full Broadcast Rights (Buy-Out) with your order, in addition to the Commercial Rights, the Seller grants you with a license for full broadcasting, which includes internet, radio, and TV “paid channels” including (by way of example): television commercials, radio commercials, internet radio, and music/video streaming platforms, and strictly excludes any illegal, immoral or defamatory purpose.
This Buy-Out is subject to Ajiras’s Terms of Service. There is no warranty, express or implied, with the purchase of this delivery, including with respect to fitness for a particular purpose. Neither the Seller nor Ajiras will be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license, the delivery or your use of the delivery.
Commercial Use License
By purchasing a “Commercial Use License” with your order, the Seller grants you a perpetual, exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the purchased delivery for Permitted Commercial Purposes. All intellectual property rights of the purchased delivery are hereby assigned to you. “Permitted Commercial Purposes” means any business related use, such as (by way of example) advertising, promotion, creating web pages, integration into product, software or other business related tools etc., and strictly excludes any illegal, immoral or defamatory purpose. This License is subject to Ajiras’s Terms of Service. There is no warranty, express or implied, with the purchase of this delivery, including with respect to fitness for a particular purpose. Neither the Seller nor Ajiras will be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license, the delivery or your use of the delivery.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER AJIRAS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH AJIRAS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
THIS SERVICE MAY CONTAIN TRANSLATIONS POWERED BY GOOGLE. GOOGLE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES RELATED TO THE TRANSLATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
The Site has been translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate. Reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation, however, no automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. Translations are provided as a service to users of the website, and are provided “as is”. No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any translations made from English into any other language. Some content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated due to the limitations of the translation software.
The official text is the English version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version of the website which is the official version.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL AJIRAS, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.